Sunday, July 17, 2011

FRAMING HANLEY plus MY PASSION

Wednesday June 1st 2011
FRAMING HANLEY plus MY PASSION
Wolverhampton Slade Rooms

I had been looking forward to seeing Framing Hanley again as I really love their music.  We had seen them on the Kerrang Tour and they were fab, but this time they were headlining.

My two cherubs and I headed off to Wolverhampton and we had a nice quick trip with no problems.  I parked in my usual place which is a multi storey car park right next to the Civic Hall.  I had assumed that the Slade Rooms were in the same building as the Wulfrun Hall ... I was wrong.  There were lots of other people milling around looking for the place too so I clearly wasn't the only one who had made that mistake.

We wandered off into town before deciding to head back to where we started.  There we saw a map on the door telling us where the Slade Rooms were and Aimee directed us via her mobile phone.  We would never have found it otherwise - it felt like miles away and the kids were not particularly impressed.

We joined the back of the (by now) huge queue and as usual I got picked on and abused while we waited ... well it keeps them amused I suppose.  Once inside I paid my regular visit to the ladies and both of the kids disappeared inside.  I reckon the Slade Rooms are similar in size to the Sugarmill ... a little wider but not as far back.

First on were My Passion.  Aimee had seen them before at her first unsupervised gig and she had her photo taken with each of the band members outside the venue.  I had only seen one of their videos and I like their stuff but I wasn't sure Luke would. 

We took up our usual places - Aimee at the front, me at the side and Luke somewhere in between.  There was lots of raucous screaming as soon as they appeared.  The first thing I noticed was a bleached mohawk.  The singer was chatting away to the crowd and I thought he sounded just like Olly Murs of X-Factor fame ... he didn't sound like him when he sang though.

They were very good indeed.  My initial thoughts were that they were a bit camp (having seen their gold-plated video) but they were really quite heavy.  A couple of songs in and the singer removed his shirt and he had obviously been working out!!  Excellent stuff, and I think even Luke approved.

Framing Hanley were simply brilliant.  I remember thinking that Wolverhampton was probably as far removed from Nashville as you could get, but having never been to Nashville, who knows!

The crowd went mental, everyone was jumping up and down and singing along to everything. 

I'm surprised they're not more well known really - I would expect them to be performing at bigger venues, but I'm glad they don't.  I would definitely see them again given the chance.
Filming as usual was done by Aimee >>Aimee's Videography

Once the music had finished, the lights went up and I noticed the hall had some spectacular chandeliers, which I thought odd.  The kids decided to head off to the merch desk and see if they could get more pictures taken with My Passion.  I bought Aimee a tote bag and got out of the way as it was a bit of a crush.

Their waiting was well worth it though as they both met the band and had photos with them so they were happy.  I was happy too until I tried to get onto the M6 to go home and it was closed ... why me?  It always happens to me!  Ggrrrr...

OK so my next review is of the Download Festival which may take a while...

TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment