Saturday, July 16, 2011

TWIN ATLANTIC plus FIGHTING WITH WIRE and LAFONTAINES

Thursday May 5th 2011
TWIN ATLANTIC plus FIGHTING WITH WIRE and LAFONTAINES
Manchester Academy 3

Wow its been far too long since I last updated my blog, and we have been to a few gigs during my absence.  I know I should really do a write up the day following a gig as my memory isn't what it was - sadly this means that the next few reviews will be shorter than normal.

First up were the Lafontaines, and when Aimee told me it was a Scottish rapper I thought 'Oh dear...'  I think the rest of the crowd thought the same before they came out too.  The frontman started by having a bit of a chat to the audience, which included him taking the mickey out of his own accent.  That helped them warm to him.

Someone threw a silver thong onto the stage which he then put on his head ... as you do ... and suddenly everybody loved him!  Everyone started to bounce around and there was even a bit of a mosh.  Two girls crowdsurfed all the way onto the stage ... I plan to do that someday.  Anyway, I thought they were great and was very impressed at how they won the crowd over.

Second on were Fighting With Wire who are from Derry in Northern Ireland.  I am very sorry to say that I don't remember very much about this band, but it has been a while and I'm afraid the umpteen million bands I've seen in between have blurred my memories.  I'm sure they were very good though ...

Finally Twin Atlantic appeared.  I have seen them before supporting My Chemical Romance, and I wasn't sure about them.  However, as headliners in a small cosy venue they were amazing.  They were heavier than I expected and extremely Scottish, and very good looking!

Aimee, as ever, has done some filming here>>Aimee's Videography  so you can check them out.  Plenty of crowdsurfers again, and just great music.

Next on the agenda is Panic! At The Disco.
TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment